Scotty Cameron Putter is the most well respected and gained the reputation of producing the finest putters in the world. Yes, they are expensive but offer golfers great satisfaction. Scotty Cameron Putter offers everything a golfer needs. Any golfer can relate and rely into this putter even beginners. This putter is expensive with high performance that is why it needs to be taken care of. After a long day of giving you top performance in the game, putter deserve a loving touch from the golfer. Any golfer should know how to take good care of his putter for it to stay long and give him solid performance.
Cameron putters are collector’s item. It is possible to keep this putter looking good as new. So, how to hi polish Scotty Cameron Putter? Or shall we say how to clean a putter in general?
Here are some of the useful tips:
1. Things you will need: soft cloth, baby oil, light soap, paintbrush (small), water, toothbrush with soft bristles or brush. These are some of the most important things you need in cleaning your putter.
2. Clean your putter thoroughly. Use soft cloth and soap and wipe you putter with care. Make sure that you are using a soft cloth because if not milled steel can be scratched. Milled steel is very sensitive and easily scratch so be careful.
3. If you are worried about rust, don’t leave your putter submerged in water for a long time. Don’t be too lazy to clean the wedges and then you may use the rag or soft cloth to wipe down the chrome shafts.
4. Let the putter dry and re-examine its condition. Scotty Cameron Putter does not require repainting like other putters. It only needs a thorough and proper cleaning. It would also great if you clean your putter every after green. You may wipe it with a towel from your bag. But when you came from a wet day and head cover is wet, then have a thorough cleaning and polishing when you get home.
5. Using a soft cloth, apply a small amount of baby oil and polish your putter’s face. The putters face polishes your putter as well as protecting the club head.
6. Using water works great in some way. Rinsing your putter with water is good for general removal or large pieces of dirt. Place your grips under a stream of water and turn the grips constantly until large pieces of dirt’s are being removed. However, always see to it that you let the grip dry well. If not, instead of cleaning your putter, it may ruin your putters grip.
7. Examine your putter’s condition. If your putter has nicks or scratches, you may need to refinish it. In refinishing method, you need to remove rust by mixing one half wine vinegar solution and one half water. Soaked it for several minutes. If the rust are coming off the head, remove the putter and rinse it off and wipe a soft cloth.
Actually, there are so many easy steps in with regards to polishing your Scotty Cameron Putter. The best way to clean your putter depends on you. If you love your putter then you will do everything to protect it. After all, it’s the putter who helps you to be successful.